Autoclave fire-retardant treatment
All of our sustainable wood varieties are suitable for fire-retardant treatment, which we carry out in vacuum conditions in an autoclave. The products used in this process are 100% natural, 100% biodegradable, energy efficient and pH-neutral.
This treatment has no effect on the colour or structure of the wood. In some cases, a visible white film may form on the surface of the wood. This is a natural part of the drying process. The film can be removed easily using a brush or cloth or with water.
Uses for fire-retardant wood
Fire-retardant wood has a wide range of uses, including outdoor cladding, indoor ceiling and wall panelling, decking and other projects. This gives architects much greater freedom to incorporate wood elements into their designs.
As a leading and innovative producer of outdoor cladding, Carpentier invests time and expertise in testing a range of mounting systems. We are currently able to apply flame-retardant treatment to our full range of HOTwood cladding, bringing it into compliance with B-s2,d0 norms.
We offer the following flame-retardant products for use in your wooden construction projects:
- Flame-retardant pine frame, black paint finish (B-s2,d0)
- Durable cement-bonded fibre panel Flame Delay® WP-A2
- Facade membrane Fassawall FireStop A2: non-combustible, UV-resistant, water-resistant and temperature stable
Advantages of fire-retardant treatment
- Slows down the spread of fire
- Wood retains its original colour and structure
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor projects
If you would like to know more about fire-retardant treatment for your project, please do not hesitate to get in touch.