Carpentier has been awarded the Voka Charter for Sustainable Entrepreneurship for the third consecutive year. The award is a recognition of our many initiatives in the area of sustainable development, through which we address economic, social and ecological issues.
The following are just a few examples of Carpentier’s sustainability projects:
- Purchased of electric bike for the team in Meulebeke
- Cooperation with Go Forest to plant trees in areas where they are urgently needed to promote biodiversity
- Acquisition of beehives in cooperation with Honeybeez
- Pioneering use of sustainable techniques such as timber-frame construction
- Discontinuation of standard wrapping of some wood varieties, such as barnwood, in order to reduce use of packaging
We also launched a range of interesting initiatives aimed at enhancing the wellbeing of our employees:
- Construction of a new employee cafetaria
- Introduction of new wood stacking racks to improve efficiency and reduce lifting and moving
- Purchase of lifting aids for use with timber-frame building equipment
The official presentation of the award took place on 29 June 2022 at The Cube in Kortrijk. On behalf of Carpentier, Heidi Carpentier was honoured to accept the anual certificate for 2022 for the Voka Charter for Sustainable Entrepreneurship. As she put it:
"In the face of an ongoing energy crisis and other global uncertainties, we continue our efforts to ensure that sustainability remains a core element of our company and to achieve the UN’s sustainable development goals (SDGs). We have rolled out our own plan of action that will take us into a sustainable future, basing it on respect for people as well the environment."